Saturday, October 30, 2010

I Remember

I remember
The first night
Like it was yesterday
So clearly I'll never forget

I remember
The first game
You gave me a hug
And took my hand

I remember
The first outfit
A Michael Jackson shirt
And jeans to go with it

I remember
The first kiss
"No, I'm the lucky one"
Lips & a look that melted my core

I remember
The first meal
Cheesecake and mozzarella sticks
No strawberries for me, no cheese sticks for you

I remember
The first goodbye
Twenty minutes too short
And Dad, "Save some for later"

I remember
The first song
When you called me
And had the choir sing I'm Yours

I remember
The first outing
Went with the family
To all your comps and games

But mostly
I remember
The last goodbye
At the movie theatre
Theatre 8, 2012
Our hands holding on
Not realizing how tightly
But it was slow motion
When we let go
And that...
That was the last time I saw you
I remember

1 comment: