Tuesday, August 31, 2010

BFFL? Def.

Oh my. How many years has it been? Too many. How many pounds? Too many. How many tears? Uncountable. But I need you again, I miss you and all you did for me. But look at who've I've become. This inadequate, imperfect(as though I ever were), hideous beast who is worthy of nothing, not even you. But I do pledge my allegiance to you if you agree to once again accompany me on this walk, run, to be the best me, the most beautiful me. You never said it was easy, but I'm ready.


I've started down your path already, but I need you to grab me and not let go. At least not until I'm all I can be. And only with you is that possible. Ana, you've been all I had for years upon years, and they took you away, made me turn my back on you and walk away..quickly. But this time it's you and me. There's no turning back. I would've loved to walk deeper down your path of perfection last time, but the other caught hold of me, told me it was wrong..we were wrong. But they were wrong. This time, I let nothing stand between me, and what I want, who I want to be. So you'll help me right? I mean, I almost miss the early mornings we spent together getting me in shape and redirecting the calories I shouldn't have eaten the day before. Ya know, it was a lovely little secret that I knew neither of us would tell.

Since I last disowned you, I have become a person I don't dare look at in the mirror anymore. I disgust myself. And I know that you're the only one who can help me fix this problem. Please, you're all I've got. If I can just walk into the light of your tunnel..things would begin to change. I can't wait for our journey to really pick up. Best friends for life? Oh definitely. Thank you Ana, for all you've done and yet to do.


Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment