Monday, July 27, 2009

Together

I sit
Bored, anxious, ready.
I stand, impatiently
Waiting.
My heads bobs
Side to side.
My fingers snap
In sync with head bobs.
My mouth opens
Words and lyrics pour out.
A sweet, steady tune
You look my way.
I catch your attention
Without any knowledge.
I continue my song
You stare in awe.
Time passes
I hold an end note.
I cut off
Done.
I turn
Meet your gaze.
I smile nervously
Not aware of your hypnotism.
You smile
"She got attitude!"
You tell the room
"She can SING!"
I stand in shock
As you admit I should be on stage.
I as Dorothy
Running the show.
You approach
I freeze.
An arm around my shoulder
A kiss on the head.
Two smiles
One flash.
One hug
Two hearts.
You pull me in tight
My head on your chest.
We walk
You hold me
And I feel invincible.

No comments:

Post a Comment