Monday, January 5, 2009

Define "Strong"

& so it is that 2009 has hit & everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to fulfill those New Year's resolutions. Ah yes. You do remember, right? Whether it's losing weight, doing better in life, or just plain making it through the year, we all know it's not easy. Nothing is ever easy anymore. & of course being me, I made a different array of New Year's resolutions that are as follow:
1. Lose all the weight that I gained since last year
2. Keep up with school & up the grades
3. Write more(hence the random blogs & poems lately :)
4. Ditch everything and everyone that's holding me back
5. Let go of one person

There they are. The 5 hardest tasks in my world right now. But through it all I've lost 6 pounds & written 3 poems & sometimes I wonder if I'm strong enough to follow through with my NY resolutions all year long.

Aside from my NY resolutions, I learned something. I've realized how strong I am. No matter how difficult life is I always make it out of the tunnel. Yes, my hair may not look the greatest & I may need to catch up on sleep, but I make it & that's the important part. The sad thing is, I needed a MAJOR wake up call to figure it out.

Everyone has their opinion of strength and that's what makes us who we are. You never know how strong you are until you hit your breaking point. Some just break, others shatter. But what is strength? The dictionary defines it as: the property of being physically or mentally strong. But some of the synonyms say differently: durable, effective, force, persuasive, forte- just to name a few. The point of this? I'd like to pose a question to you: What's your definition of strong? xoxo, eBay

No comments:

Post a Comment