Friday, November 13, 2009

Date Night

It wasn't that I was
Generally scared
I was only scared
Of losing you
Someone so important
To me and so loved
Even so
My hand found yours
Through the
Dark of the movie theatre
And neither of us
Realized how tightly
We were holding
On until we released
Our hands from
Being intertwined
As one
When it was over
You disappeared and I
Found you outside
Proud of you for
Breaking a habit that
Everyone else seemed
To have picked up
A horn
Beeps
You shake two hands and
Turn
To me
Arms outstretched and
I wrap my arms around your
Neck as you kiss my
Cheek and then my neck in
A line of three little
Points
Neither of us are
Willing to let go but
We do as our hands drop
Almost like a
Slow motion scene
And we both walk away
Regretting that a part of
Us has to go and that we
Left so many words
Unsaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment